Sunday, June 8, 2008

All I do, I do for you.

When I was younger, I wanted to study Korean. Beautifully simple exotic language. My mom told me it's foolish, because it's so difficult to find a well-paid job afterwards.

When one of my friends told me about CICD, it seemed to be something for me at those times - no long boring studies, working with kids, practice, no requirements of English. My mom told me it's silly, and if I really wanna study abroad, I should apply for a university.

Ok, mom. At first, I thought there's no way to do that, but parents are always right, you know. So eventually, I did the exams I thought I would have never passed.

Mom? Well, darling, are you really sure about that choice? What about studying medicine.. you can be pretty good at it and you can do to help kids in Africa (oh my, you really think that's THE dream?). I think you'll fancy it.

All right, mom. I'll do that. And now?

Hey, and what college is XY gonna join?
She's up to studying Arabic and Aramaic.
Wow! Such exotic languages! And in ten years, she's gonna be successful, famous and rich and what about you? Working night shifts at the hospital.

Oh, mom. You know, what I wanted to be when I was five? Performer in a circus.

Feelin' like that again.

No comments: