Friday, September 21, 2012

What's new.

I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found out, I was really going in. /John Muir/


I've fallen in love with a brand new thing. I've always thought of myself as a person, who grows up and moves to a huge city like London or NYC. That's actually what I've dreamt of. When we went to the U.S. for the first time, the part I was looking forward to the most, was visiting L.A. and San Francisco (Der Teil unseres Besuchs, darauf freute ich mich am meisten wenn wir in die USA das erste mal gegangen sind, war L.A. und San Francisco zu besuchen?) .

But then, at one particular moment, I realized I don't want that anymore. When we came back and I remembered, how it looked like at Tuolumne Meadows - I don't have a single picture from the drive up there, but I'll remember it forever. It was then, one night in November, when I'd been back for a few months already, when I suddenly knew I had to come back. Not to Yosemite Park necessarily, but somewhere OUTSIDE.

And next year, the dream came true in Glacier Park. Although everyone loves Yellowstone the most, Glacier was what I was looking for. Walking there alone is just pure pure love and there's nothing else to disturb it. When you see nothing man-made around, only a scenery, which has been there for thousands of years and when you realize you don't belong in there anymore, cause you need all the clothes and food and warm place to sleep, when you know you can't take any little part of it with you, you can only humbly close your eyes and be there.

And when you come home, you can't believe there are people trying to survive in the heart of Manhattan, when it's so easy to BE happy out there, without all the things we created to MAKE us happy here. 


So, once in my life...